Do you want to create an eCommerce website but are on the budget? No problem! We can help you to follow the right process to create a low-cost online store for your small business.
Are you ready?
#1 Go for WordPress
With the advancement of CMS platforms such as WordPress, now you don’t have to spend a fortune to build your online store. You can get an eCommerce website up and running as low as $800. Yes, we are talking about a fully-functional website.
Below are some of the major reasons for you to use WordPress for your eCommerce website development:
● WordPress CMS is free to use and you don’t have to pay for any license whatsoever.
● WordPress CMS’s backend is easy-to-use. Even a layman website owner can operate the WordPress backend without having any technical knowledge.
● There is no scarcity of WordPress developers. This means you can get a low-cost website development quote because WordPress developers work in a cut-throat competitive environment.
● WordPress is easy to customize and scale up.
● Most WordPress plugins are available free of cost to use.
● WooCommerce (the eCommerce plugin for WordPress) is perhaps one of the most popular plugins to create an eCommerce store.
#2 Choose a low-cost yet reliable hosting package
Web hosting is yet another important element in the process of website development. Choosing an expensive web hosting provider can increase your overall website development cost. And it’s not necessary that only expensive things are the best. And we know that.
There are many web hosting companies that can provide you with affordable hosting solutions. Some companies may charge you even less than a hundred dollars for the whole year. And that too, without compromising with the quality of their support & services.
Some of the best web hosting companies include GoDaddy, BlueHost, etc.
Below are some of the basic things to check before you choose a web hosting company:
● Check out their support
● Check out their server specifications and discuss them with your website developer.
● Check out the reviews of their existing customers.
● Check out their pricing & plans
#3 Go for a readymade theme
If you are on a budget to build your eCommerce store, you don’t have to build the design from scratch. You can easily buy a readymade WooCommerce theme for as low as $75 and use it to build your online store.
There are many benefits of using a readymade theme for your eCommerce website. Some of those benefits are:
● Most premium WordPress themes come with a responsive website design.
● You can check the complete demo of a WordPress theme before you purchase it.
● With the help of a paid WordPress theme, you can set up an eCommerce website in just a few hours.
● You don’t have to spend your time & money creating the designs for your website from the scratch.
#4 Hire an affordable website developer
Another important step to create an affordable eCommerce website is to hire an affordable website developer.
We all know that web development is not a one-time thing. You may need your website developer from time to time. Sometimes you may need them to fix any bugs or issues on your website and sometimes you may need them to enhance or even redesign your website. So, it doesn’t make any sense to spend all of your investment in one go by hiring an expensive developer.
Therefore, you must hire only an affordable developer who can work with you in long term not as your developer, but as your web partner.
#5 Hire an Indian website developer
When it comes to hiring an affordable website developer, Indian web design agencies and developers are perhaps the first choices for many webmasters across the globe.
If you haven’t hired an Indian web developer in the past, below are some of the reasons for you to hire them:
● Indian website developers are affordable and can help you to save more than 50% on your website development.
● Most website developers in India are multi-skilled and can help you with many things such as designing & marketing.
● You may find many Indian web developers who will be willing to work according to your timezone. So, you won’t even feel that you have outsourced your web development to an overseas company or professional.
● Indian web developers are well-known for their long-term support.