We all know that a smile can brighten up anyone’s day. A big, toothy grin is the ultimate sign of happiness. But what if you don’t have a complete set of teeth? How sad would it be for you not to be able to fully smile and show off your beautiful teeth! Luckily, general and cosmetic dentistry helps in transforming smiles from something ordinary into something extraordinary! A general and cosmetic dentist is a doctor who can help you transform your smile. These dentists are trained to perform general dental procedures, such as teeth cleaning, filling cavities, and pulling teeth, but they also focus on improving the appearance of a person’s mouth through cosmetic treatments.
Are you thinking about what General and cosmetic dentistry do? A general and cosmetic dentist’s role is to help patients with everything from tooth decay to a smile transformation. There are many different types of general and cosmetic dentistry practices, but the goal remains the same: helping people have healthy teeth for life. Here are some of the services explained below that comes under General and cosmetic dentistry.
- Teeth whitening: Having brighter and whiter teeth is a dream for many. A general and cosmetic dentist can use teeth whitening treatments for patients who are looking to have a brighter smile. Teeth whitening is the process of whitening the teeth so that they are whiter and brighter. This process is accomplished by using a whitening agent or chemicals to remove the stains on teeth caused by coffee, tea, tobacco, red wine, etc. Teeth whitening can be general as well as cosmetic because it makes people feel better about their smiles. And it is obvious that whiter teeth make people look better.
- Dental implants: Dental Implants provide tooth replacement solutions that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. You will never feel like you have a dental implant, but only that your teeth are perfectly natural. Dental implants provide the best solution for missing or lost tooth replacement because they function like real teeth and can replace any one of them in your mouth. Apart from this, When the implant is combined with dental crowns or bridges, they will virtually eliminate any tell-tale signs of missing teeth.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are usually used to cover a tooth that is broken or has fillings because of decay. The purpose of dental crowns is to protect these teeth from further damage. They are made out of tooth-colored material and bonded over the front or back edges of your natural teeth to restore them to their original shape. It not only restores the shape of your tooth but also helps to strengthen it.
- Dental bridges: Are you having big gaps in your smile? If so, a dental bridge may be just what you need. Bridges are a great way to close gaps in your smile while still being able to enjoy the natural beauty of your own teeth and surrounding gum tissue. Dental bridges are used to replace a missing tooth or teeth with artificial ones. These artificial teeth are attached to natural teeth on either side of the gap using porcelain, metal, or dental implants, and they provide support as well as help in chewing food properly.
- Veneers: Veneers are used to change the appearance of a tooth without affecting its general structure. They can be made from porcelain or composite resin, and they cover both the front surface as well as backside of the teeth so that it is aesthetically pleasing.
- Teeth cleaning: Cleaning teeth is highly essential. You can take teeth cleaning services that are provided by general and cosmetic dentists.