Patients who have lost teeth due to gum disease or cavities would be the ones who would require dentures. Dentures basically take the place of the missing tooth. The acre for dentures would be the same as you take care of your natural teeth. Dentist in Ludhiana suggests that you should brush your teeth daily at least twice, and do not forget to floss too. If you are noticing too much stain in your teeth, you can also use a dental cleaner to get rid of them; they also remove plaque.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are basically a dental procedure where the dentist places them in the missing teeth. They are typically removable dental appliances that are used for chewing and speaking more intelligibly. Apart from that, they are also widely used to improve the smile and appearance of the patient. You might have also heard people define dentures as fake, artificial, or false teeth. A dentist that specializes in teeth replacement is called Prosthodontists.
Who Would Require To Undergo A Denture Procedure?
In a Dental Clinic in Bangalore, most of the patients who require dentures are above the age of 60. That being said, anyone might need these removable dental appliances. If you lose your teeth due to the following reasons, you might require getting dentures.
- Tooth decay or cavity
- Receding gums or gum diseases
- Facial injury
Types Of Dentures Available
Based on how many teeth you are missing, your dentist will recommend you the best type of denture. Some of the denture types that the dentist would use are:
- Complete: These dentures basically stay or rest in the gums. They are used for replacing the whole row of teeth on the lower, upper, or both gums.
- Partial: They are basically used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are mostly attached to the existing teeth or sometimes to the dental implants, also known as titanium screws.
- Fixed partial: They are also known as dental bridges and are used for permanently attaching to the surrounding teeth. The fixed partial bridge or denture can only be removed with the help of a dental expert.
How Should You Clean Your Dentures?
Just like your natural teeth require daily cleaning, dentures need the same treatment. But the only difference would be you would need to remove the denture from the mouth in order to clean them until and unless you have a fixed partial denture. Given below is the list of instructions you should follow in order to know the right way to clean the denture:
- You should take care of your teeth and gums by brushing them regularly, at least twice. You should also brush the roof of your mouth and tongue and your natural teeth in the morning and night. Try to use a soft bristle toothbrush for your dental cleaning.
- You should clean your dentures over a towel on the sink filled with water or a bathroom counter. This technique would help it not break if it accidentally falls down.
- Apply a little hand soap, denture cleanser, or mild dishwashing liquid to any soft bristle brush specifically made for the dentures. You should not use a regular toothbrush or toothbrush to clean your dentures.
It is essential to have good dental health in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Contact Smile Zone Dental Speciality Centre.