Recent data continue to be concerning in terms of occupational injuries and fatalities. This article aims to provide information and suggestions on the vital issues of workplace safety trainings UAEso that you can take safety precautions in your workplace.
Are you taking workplace safety training seriously as an Emirati organization, speaking of lives at risk?
Following are some facts that should interest you:
- Numerous studies show that implementing safety programs in the workplace can reduce occupational injuries, illnesses, fatalities, and compensation expenses while benefiting a company’s bottom line (OSHA Injury and Illness Prevention Programs White Paper).
- Most importantly, as an employer, you have a legal obligation to guarantee that your personnel are adequately trained to perform their jobs safely.
Many small business owners do not devote much effort to Safety Trainings Dubai.Such training is not typically provided to the average worker on a regular or even significant basis.This article will go through the specifics of occupational health and safety training and why it is so vital.
Workplace Safety Training
Workplace safety training, Highfield Trainings in UAE, aims to equip employees with the skills and knowledge they need to conduct their activities and processes in a safe way for them and their coworkers. Safety training provides precise instructions and guidelines to enable trainees to identify, report, and manage workplace dangers and accidents.
Need of Workplace Safety Training
Workers’ workplaces are one of the most significant locations in their lives, yet they may also be deadly. Personnel must receive sufficient training to avoid workplace accidents.
Workers can better grasp how their work environment is set up and work through workplace safety training and first aid training Dubai. Workers will feel more responsible in completing their jobs due to this understanding and take whatever safety precautions that may help them avoid accidents at work.
Furthermore, job injury is a clear risk for companies. If a staff member is hurt, it can reduce productivity and profit margin. Similarly, if a worker is engaged in an accident, it may impact other workers’ morale and de-motivate them to avoid dangerous situations.
As a manager or supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring a safe workplace, accomplished through comprehensive workplace safety training.
Specific benefits include:
- A rise in productivity
- Increased efficiency in company processes, products, and services
- Improved employee morale and job satisfaction
- It builds its brand image and reputation, as health and safety are essential to everyone.
- It reduces the cost of compensation and other liabilities expenses.
- Reducing absenteeism and sick leave due to workplace accidents
Who Needs Workplace Safety Training and When?
Companies need workplace safety training because employees are often uninformed of workplace hazards and successfully prevent them.
All personnel must receive adequate training to prevent accidents and injuries in the workplace. Regardless of employees’ tenure of service, whether on the job for a couple of days or years, they should receive training.
Employers are required to be provided workplace safety training:
- To new workers
- Experienced workers assigned to new roles for which they have not had previous training.
- To health and safety supervisors.
- To workers responsible for completing physically demanding tasks with a high risk of injuries and incidents
- To foreign-trained workers
- Following the introduction of new processes, substances, procedures, or equipment that can serve as sources of hazards
- Following the identification of new hazards
- Following work-related injuries, illness, and incidents
Essential components of a workplace safety training program:
- Management leadership and commitment
- Effective workers participation
- Practical knowledge and effective dissemination channel
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Hazard prevention and control
- Continuous evaluation and upgrade of the training program
Without incorporating the components mentioned above, a training program will fail to achieve the desired result.
The primary safety training areas:
General health and safety training
- Induction training;
- Emergency response and procedure
- Equipment handling training
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as per safety guidelines.
- Incident reporting procedure
- Hazardous material handling
Safety information and instructions
As part of an employer’s duty of care to provide a workplace environment that is safe and healthy for workers and persons that could be affected, information and instructions need to be passed on to contractors, workers, or the general public.
- Housekeeping procedures
- Workplace conduct and appearance/dressing
- Safe work processes and procedures
- Emergency action
- Responsibilities and obligations of individuals in ensuring workplace health and safety.
Creating an Effective Workplace Safety Training
Although a host of factors contribute to successful safety training, it is essential that safety training and First Aid training UAE is done to retain the knowledge; otherwise, the training becomes a waste of time and resources. Safety training was a one-time event in the past without any further follow-up sessions or progressive programs. But in today’s workplace, where changes happen quickly, and accidents can happen at any time – practical safety training should be an ongoing process.